Press Coverage

Look beyond Server 2003 for end-of-life success

— For many companies, IT budgets follow the Pareto Principle where 80 per cent of spend involves keeping the lights on while the remaining 20 per cent goes towards new and innovative solutions. A big chunk of that 80 per cent often goes into what we in the IT industry call "legacy" products - those tools that have been around a long time and that may still fulfill a role within the business. When vendors retire or no longer support those legacy products, it is often challenging for companies to retire or migrate them internally. Full Story

Bomgar now allows remote screen sharing for non-Samsung devices

— If you haven't tried Bomgar Remote Screen Sharing for Android, now is the best time because the program has just been updated. Bomgar has expanded the feature to all other sweet Android 5.0 Lollipop-running devices. This means anyone who uses Bomgar can remotely control Android phones or tablets even those non-Samsung devices. Full Story

How The Channel Can Smooth ‘End Of Life’ Transitions

— For many companies, IT budgets follow the Pareto Principle where 80 percent of spend involves keeping the lights on while the remaining 20 percent goes towards new and innovative solutions. Full Story

Simple errors continue to jeopardise security, reveals report

— Ransomware may be earning criminals a very healthy 1425 percent return on their investment, but the real crime is that organisations continue to make schoolboy errors when it comes to securing their public facing networks. Full Story

Li-Fi fantastic - Quocirca’s report from Infosec 2015

— As with any trade show, Infosec (Europe's biggest IT security bash) can get a bit mind-numbing, with one vendor after another going on about the big issues of the day - advanced threat detection, threat intelligence networks, the dangers of the internet-of-things and so on. They all have a different take these topics, but they all talk the same language, it can be hard to see the wood for the trees. Full Story

ITSM Global Podcast - SITS15 - Matt Dircks

— Matt Dircks, CEO of Bomgar, featured in a podcast interview from the annual SITS15 conference in London. Full Story

Government Breach Confirms Weak Security

— In reaction to a data breach of four million current and former federal employees, a security expert said the incident is proof that traditional methods are not providing secured, privileged administrator access. A DHA statement blamed Chinese hackers for the cyber break-in of U.S. government personnel office computer networks, in which identifying information belonging to the Office of Personnel Management and the Interior Department was stolen. Full Story

Access control and password management solution for privileged endpoints

— Bomgar and Thycotic have partnered to provide enterprises with better control and visibility of access to critical endpoints and privileged accounts. Bomgar Privileged Access Management enables security professionals to control, monitor, and manage access to critical systems by privileged users. Thycotic’s Secret Server provides users the ability to automatically discover, control and audit access to critical privileged passwords in one centralized, web-based repository. Full Story

Bomgar and Thycotic Team Up for Privileged Identity Management

— Bomgar, a provider of secure remote support and access management solutions, and Thycotic, a provider of privileged account management solutions for global organizations, have partnered to integrate Bomgar’s Privileged Access Management solution and Thycotic’s Secret Server enterprise privileged account management solution. The new integration aims to provide enterprises with “better control and visibility of access to critical endpoints and privileged accounts,” according to a press release. Full Story

Gourmet sandwich cyber-hack leaves FBI in a pickle

— The FBI has stepped in to issue a new malware warning after a restaurant chain's credit card system was compromised last week across several US states. The Jimmy John's ‘gourmet sandwich' chain was among other trading names linked to a cyber-attack designed to steal customers' personal financial data. Full Story

Page 3 of 50 pages: 12345 Last
Elizabeth Hulsey | Public Relations Specialist Bomgar Corporation