Privileged Access Virtual Appliance Installation
This guide is designed to walk you through the initial setup and configuration of your Bomgar Virtual Appliance. Should you need any assistance, please contact Bomgar Technical Support at help.bomgar.com.
Prerequisites for VMWare and Hyper-V Deployments
Before beginning your Bomgar Virtual Appliance setup, please make sure you review the following prerequisites and the sizing guidelines that follow.
- VMware vCenter 5.0+, or Hyper-V 2012 R2 (standalone or as a role)
- At least 124 GB of storage available. To determine exactly how much available storage you need for your environment, see Privileged Access Virtual Appliance Sizing Guidelines.
- One 24GB partition for the Bomgar OS and at least 100GB available for logs and recordings
- External IP SANs need to be on a 1Gbit or 10Gbit reserved network with 10K RPM disk or better
- A static IP for your Virtual Appliance
- A private DNS A-record resolving to the static IP of your Virtual Appliance. A public A-record and public IP will also be required if public clients will need access to the appliance. The DNS A-record is the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of your site (e.g., access.example.com).
Note: "Public clients" includes any client software (browsers, Bomgar access consoles, endpoint clients, etc.) which connect from external IP addresses outside of network(s) and VPN(s) local to the Bomgar appliance's network.
- A valid NTP server that is reachable by the appliance
- Ensure that the system time between the host ESXi server and the guest Bomgar OS are in sync. Variations by only a few seconds can potentially result in performance or connectivity issues.
Prerequisites for Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Azure Resource Manager (ARM)
- If using Microsoft Azure, make sure the following is already in place before deployment:
- A Resource group
- A storage account with a vhds container
- A VNET and Subnet has been configured