Prior to Upgrade
Before upgrading the Bomgar Verify Security Server software, please make a copy of the following files:
These files are located in the following locations:
- 32-bit installations: dir > Program Files > Bomgar > Security Server
- 64-bit installations: dir > Program Files(x86) > Bomgar > Security Server
Export the registry key, HKLM\software\SecurEnvoy and make a backup copy of the DATA directory.
Before upgrading, it is crucial that a backup is made of the following files: config.db, configpre54.db, local.ini, and server.ini. If the upgrade fails, these files are required to recover the previous Verify instance.
Locate the Bomgar Verify Security Server software and execute the setup.exe file.
This will install on top of the existing installation, all server configuration and user’s settings will be preserved.
Note: Any bespoke HTML templates that have been created, will require re-creating upon each Bomgar Verify Security Server after the upgrade.
Install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
- Locate the Bomgar Verify Security Server software and execute the setup file.
- During this time, the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 check is completed. If needed, the framework is downloaded.
- Click I agree to Microsoft’s license terms to being downloading the framework.
- Click Install.
- When the .NET installation is compete, click OK to continue.
- Click Accept to accept the Bomgar Verify license terms.
- Click Next.
- Accept the default destination path for installation, or enter a new path where Bomgar Verify Security Server software should be installed. Click Next.
Once the installation is complete, the Advanced Configuration Wizard automatically launches, and configuration can begin.