Use Bomgar Connect Jump Clients to Access Unattended Computers
Note: Jump Clients are an add-on which can be purchased separately from your Bomgar Connect software. For information about purchasing an add-on, contact Bomgar Sales at www.bomgar.com/contact.
To access an individual computer without end-user assistance, install a Jump Client on that system either from within a session or from the Jump Clients page of the administrative interface. Your account permissions determine if you can Jump using Jump Clients, as well as which Jump Clients you can access. Permissions also determine if you can create and modify Jump Clients and, if so, whether you can do so only from the administrative interface or also from within a session.
Jump Client Properties
Organize and manage existing Jump Clients by selecting one or more Jump Clients and clicking Properties.
Move Jump Clients from one Jump Group to another using the Jump Group dropdown. The ability to move Jump Clients to or from other users' Jump Groups depends upon your account permissions.
Further organize Jump Clients by entering the name of a new or existing Tag. While the selected Jump Clients are grouped together under the tag, they are still listed under the Jump Group where each is pinned. To move a Jump Client back into its top-level Jump Group, leave this field blank.
Jump Clients include a Comments field for a name or description, which makes sorting, searching, and identifying Jump Clients faster and easier.
If you no longer need access to a remote system, select the Jump Client and click the Remove button, or right-click on the Jump Client and select Remove from the menu. You may select multiple Jump Clients to remove them all at the same time.
Note: If the remote user manually uninstalls a Jump Client, it remains in your queue, along with the statistics from its last update, but you are not able to access that computer. If a Jump Client goes offline and does not connect back to your Bomgar site for 180 days, it is automatically uninstalled from the target computer and is removed from the Jump interface.
Use Jump Clients to Access Unattended Android Devices
Beginning with Bomgar 16.1, a persistent connection can be established with an Android device by pinning a Jump Client to the device. This provides the ability to have unattended support sessions with Android devices. You can deploy Jump Clients using either of the methods below.
Note: Bandwidth usage and battery life are minimally affected by establishing a persistent connection.
Note: Persistent connections to an unattended Android device can occur only when the devices have both the Bomgar Support Client App 2.2.7 and Bomgar Jump Client App 2.2.0 installed from the Google Play Store. To learn more, please see Download the Bomgar Support Client and Bomgar Jump Client Apps for Bomgar Connect.
Pin an Android Jump Client from the Representative Console
- While in a support session with the Android device, click on the Pin a Jump Client icon.
- After pinning, click the Refresh option located above the Jump Items list, and the Android device appears as a Jump Item in the Jump Item list. If the Pin a Jump Client icon is gray, the Android Jump Client has not been installed on the Android device.
- Meanwhile, the Bomgar Jump Client app on the device should show the client as pinned with a date and timestamp.
Note: Options are available for the Jump Client to be disabled if the device is relying on battery power or on data to connect.
Email a Link from the /login Interface to Install and Android Jump Client
- From the /login interface, navigate to Jump Clients and click Create Jump Client Installer.
- From the Download or Install the Client Now section, choose Android as your platform.
- Verify that the Bomgar Jump Client app is installed on the Android device. If not, navigate to the Google Play App store to download the app.
- To download the Jump Client to the device, open a browser on the Android device and go to the URL provided by the mass deployment wizard.
Note: You can also email the URL to the Android device by clicking on the Email link located in the Deploy to Email Recipients section.