The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a not-for-profit center for engineering, research, and development, which solves complex research, engineering, and analytical problems that present critical challenges to the United States. The Information Technology Support Department performed analysis on several remote support solutions, testing them for reliability, security and functionality. As a result of the security standards, no third party or SaaS applications could be involved with the remote support solution.
Bomgar met their rigorous security standards because it retains all support session data onsite, requires session permission from the user and enables the Lab to maintain a complete audit trail through session recording. In addition, Bomgar provided the ITSD team a remote support solution for the various platforms required. The rigorous analysis revealed that "Bomgar was the only solution that met all the criteria," said Chris Miller, Sr. Help Desk Analyst.
- Required a remote support solution that would meet the organization's rigorous security standards
- Needed a support solution to provide reliable and consistent connectivity for every remote support session across diverse platforms
- Required a remote support solution that would reduce operational costs while improving customer satisfaction
- 50 support technicians servicing 6,000 on-site and remote employees
- Realized $100,000 annual cost savings
- Increased ticket closure 16%
- Improved connection success 21%
- Decreased time-to-connect 46%
- Decreased resolution times 37%
- Reduced SLA violations 8%
- Enhanced security standards