Founded in 1892, Mount Pleasant-based Central Michigan University is one of the nation's 100 largest universities, offering more than 200 academic programs at the undergraduate, master's, specialist and doctorate levels in 60 locations across the globe and online. As CMU's off-campus and online enrollment continued to expand, the Office of IT realized it needed a more effective and flexible way to support geographically dispersed students and prospects.
- Needed a support solution for an increasingly geographically-dispersed faculty, staff and students
- Required a remote support solution with cross-platform capability that could support both PC and Mac users
- Needed to meet the requirements of in-coming, tech-savvy students, who seek online forms of support, including click-to-chat
- 110 support reps servicing 5,000 Faculty/Staff employees and over 25,000 students, including remote as well as on-campus users
- Improved overall client satisfaction scores
- Decreased time-to-resolution
- Reduced the number of overall escalated calls
- Improved productivity with the support desk team
Within three months of implementation, the time-to-resolution has significantly decreased, especially with the use of "click-to-chat," increasingly popular among students and prospects.