ACME Truck Line's seven-man tech support team is responsible for 500 employees located throughout the country. Approximately 80% of these employees are located within the company network or are connected to it via VPN, but the remaining 20% are outside the company network. This is a significant segment of the organization.

Because the VPN client software issues make up a majority of the issues needing attention, finding an effective remote support solution was critical for the team.

While Symantec's pcAnywhereTM could be used to support employees inside of the company firewall, employees outside of the company network had to be supported by phone. This required ACME support reps to relay complex instructions to end-users.