Bomgar Projects Steady 2007 Growth with Strong First Quarter
Bomgar Corporation (formerly NetworkStreaming), the only provider of appliance-based remote support, today announced a record first quarter that closed with its largest customer win to date. The company also introduced a new product and upgraded its software to support Microsoft Vista environments.
Remote technical and customer support is rapidly gaining industry recognition as a competitive differentiator. According to a recent IDC report, the worldwide market for clientless remote support services tools is expected to grow from $100.9 million in 2006 to $247.3 million in 2011 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19.6%.
Bomgar’s appliance-based software delivery platform continues to propel the company’s sales - particularly in heavily regulated industries such as finance, where security and compliance reporting are required. This past quarter, BomgarTM secured an additional 22 customers in this sector, including a Fortune 500 financial services organization.
“We have experienced high rates of technology adoption in industries governed by strict regulatory mandates, since the Bomgar BoxTM eliminates any outsourced liability concerns associated with third-party service providers,” said Joel Bomgar, founder and CEO of Bomgar Corporation. “As the need to provide on-demand remote computer assistance gains popularity, we are simply better equipped to handle security and compliance concerns, while reducing total cost of ownership to meet underlying business goals.”
In addition to record sales growth and overall industry recognition, Bomgar’s achievements this quarter include:
• Product Enhancements: Bomgar expanded its remote support product line in February with the introduction of the B100TM, targeted to individual IT consultants or sole proprietors. This new desktop-sized appliance completes the company’s portfolio for the enterprise-level, SMB and small office/ home office (SOHO) markets to address the growing needs of tech support across all business platforms. Also, the latest version of Bomgar’s remote support software works with Microsoft Vista environments.
• Industry Leadership: Bomgar was invited to speak at CES 2007 to discuss the trends (i.e. increased broadband use, technology complexity, growth of home PC users) impacting the consumer demand for advanced tech support services.
• Company Excellence: Bomgar was recognized as a Red Herring 100 finalist for its contributions as one of the most promising companies driving the future of technology.
• Product Excellence: Bomgar 9.1 received a 4.65 out of 5 rating by Clear Choice Tests, an independent testing lab that is a part of Network World Lab Alliance, for performance flexibility and superior logging/reporting capabilities.
• Industry Validation: Bomgar participated in IDC’s market update for the clientless remote support landscape. Additionally, Symantec completed a “Secure Deployment Whitepaper” to further certify the Bomgar Box remote support tool as an industry gold standard.