Create New User Accounts in Bomgar Vault
After you have installed Bomgar Vault, you need to create user accounts for all of the people who need access to your Vault instance or who need access to credentials in Vault. This can be done either by adding individual user accounts or by adding user groups.
Note: If integrating Bomgar Vault with Bomgar Remote Support, the usernames for representatives must match the usernames found in Vault.
Add User Accounts
Note: As a best practice, we suggest adding user groups versus individual user accounts. If integrating with Bomgar Remote Support, it is suggested that you create an AD group for all of your support representatives and specify that group as users within Bomgar Vault.
- Type in the Username as it appears in your external source.
- Type in the Complete name of the user.
- Set the user Status to Active, Inactive, or Blocked.
- Under the Auth Methods tab, click the New Auth Method button to assign an authentication method to the new user. The Authentication Method dialog appears.
- Select the desired authentication method from the dropdown. Once an authentication method is selected, additional fields appear. Fill in the fields as required for the selected authentication method.
Note: For more information on authentication methods, see Authentication Methods for Vault.
- Click the Roles tab.
- Select the role(s) for the new user from the Unassigned list.
- Click the > arrow to move the selected role(s) to the Assigned list.
Note: For more information on user roles, see User Security Roles.
- Click the User Groups tab.
- Select the user group(s) for the new user from the Unassigned list, then click the > arrow to move the selected user group(s) to the Assigned list.
Note: For more information on user groups, see Create User Groups.
- Click the Contact Method tab.
- Select the contact method Type from the dropdown menu.
- Enter in the Contact Info for the user and click Add.
- Click Save to create the new user.