Create New User Groups in Bomgar Vault
When adding individual users, you must create user accounts one at a time. However, with user groups, you can grant multiple users identical access and permissions at one time by assigning roles and users to the user group. This can greatly simplify the user creation process. You can either create a group that synchronizes with a directory such as Active Directory, or a group consisting of existing Vault users.
Note: If you choose to create a group that synchronizes with AD, the group creation process forces you to specify permissions at the AD group level. Periodically, Vault syncs with AD to ensure group membership is accurate. However, if you create a group consisting of existing Vault users, you are selecting users that already have user accounts and set permissions within Vault. Therefore, you cannot set the permissions within the User Groups section.
- Go to Administration >
User Management >User Groups.
- Click the New User Group button.
- Type in the Name of the user group.
- Type in the Description of the user group.
- If the user group needs to be associated with a directory such as Active Directory, check the Associated with a directory box. If this box is checked, additional fields appear.
- Select which Directory you would like Vault to sync with from the dropdown menu.
- Type in the Directory Group name.
Note: If you checked the Associated with a directory box, the Users tab is unavailable. Users are assigned to the user group from the directory you selected.
- Select the user(s) in the Unassigned list you wish to assign to the user group.
- Click the > arrow button to move the selected user(s) to the Assigned list.
- Once you have assigned roles and users to the user group, click Accept to create the user group.