Install a Remote Service
- From the Remote Services list, locate the remote service you wish to install.
Note: Popups must enabled in your browser.
- Click on the Download icon. A .zip file appears.
- Decompress the .zip file.
- Locate the RemoteServiceInstaller file.
- Right-click on the file.
- Select Run As Administrator and enter your admin credentials.
- When finished, click Yes.
- Once the installer prompt appears, click Start.
- Read the End User License Agreement (EULA).
- Click Accept and Continue.
- Ensure that Detected is listed beside all system components.
- Click Continue.
Note: If the system has a previous version of the remote service installed, a screen displays, asking if you would like to repair the installation or remove the service from the system. You must choose one of the options before you are able to perform a full installation of the current version.
Note: If a Local Account or a Domain Account was selected, type in the username and password, using the suggested format.
- Click Install.
- Once installation is complete, click on the URL in the prompt and verify that all certificates were created.
- When complete, click Finish.
- Click the URL, which takes you to where the remote service was installed. Verify that the certificates were properly created.
- Click Finish.
- Open your browser. Enter https://localhost:9000/apitest in the address bar. If the service was installed correctly, the message ("The remote rotation service has been installed correctly.") appears.
- Add the certificate file with the same name as the remote service to the machine where the parent remote service is installed.
Note: If the parent service is Vault, add the file where Vault is installed.
- Double-click on the certificate file.
- Click Install Certificate.
- Select Local Machine as the store location.
- Select Place all certificates in the following store.
- Click Browse.
- Select Trusted Root Certification Authorities.
- Click OK.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish. Now, you can begin rotating and validating cerdentials for the remote service.