Create Jump Policies to Apply to Jump Items
To control access to particular Jump Items, create Jump Policies. Jump Policies are used to control when certain Jump Items can be accessed by implementing schedules.
Create a Jump Policy
- From the /login administrative interface, go to Jump > Jump Policies.
- Click Add New Jump Policy.
Note: A Jump Policy does not take effect until you have applied it to at least one Jump Item.
- Create a unique name to help identify this policy. This name should help users identify this policy when assigning it to Jump Items.
- Set a code name for integration purposes. If you do not set a code name, one is created automatically.
- Add a brief description to summarize the purpose of this policy.
- If you want to enforce an access schedule, check Enabled. If it is disabled, then any Jump Items that use this policy can be accessed without time restrictions.
- Set a schedule to define when Jump Items under this policy can be accessed. Set the time zone you want to use for this schedule, and then add one or more schedule entries. For each entry, set the start day and time and the end day and time.
- If, for instance, the time is set to start at 8 am and end at 5 pm, a user can start a session using this Jump Item at any time during this window but may continue to work past the set end time. Attempting to re-access this Jump Item after 5 pm, however, results in a notification that the schedule does not permit a session to start. If necessary, the user may choose to override the schedule restriction and start the session anyway.
- If stricter access control is required, check Force session to end. This forces the session to disconnect at the scheduled end time. In this case, the user receives recurring notifications beginning 15 minutes prior to being disconnected.
- When you are finished configuring this Jump Policy, click Save Jump Policy.
After the Jump Policy has been created, you can apply it to Jump Items either from the representative console or when importing Jump items from the /login interface.