Create Jump Policies to Apply to Jump Clients
To control access to particular Jump Clients, create Jump Policies. Jump Policies are used to control when certain Jump Clients can be accessed by implementing schedules.
Create a Jump Policy
- From the /login administrative interface, go to Jump > Jump Policies.
- Click Add New Jump Policy.
Note: A Jump Policy does not take effect until you have applied it to at least one Jump Client.
- Create a unique name to help identify this policy. This name should help users identify this policy when assigning it to Jump Clients.
- Set a code name for integration purposes. If you do not set a code name, one will be created automatically.
- Add a brief description to summarize the purpose of this policy.
- If you want to enforce an access schedule, check Enable. If it is disabled, then any Jump Clients that use this policy can be accessed without time restrictions.
- Set a schedule to define when Jump Clients under this policy can be accessed. Set the time zone you want to use for this schedule, and then add one or more schedule entries. For each entry, set the start day and time and the end day and time.
- If, for instance, the time is set to start at 8 am and end at 5 pm, a user can start a session using this Jump Client at any time during this window but may continue to work past the set end time. They will not, however, be allowed to re-access this Jump Client after 5 pm.
- If stricter access control is required, check Force session to end. This forces the session to disconnect at the scheduled end time. In this case, the user receives recurring notifications beginning 15 minutes prior to being disconnected.
- When you are finished configuring this Jump Policy, click Save Jump Policy.
After the Jump Policy has been created, you can apply it to Jump Clients either from the /login interface or from the representative console. For details, see Deploy Jump Clients During a Support Session or Prior to Support.