Use Cases for the Zendesk Integration with Bomgar Remote Support
Generate Session Key
Support staff can generate a session key that can be given to the end user over the phone or via email to initiate a support session that is automatically associated with the selected ticket.
Import Bomgar Session Data into Ticket
Once the session ends, the ticket is automatically updated with information gathered during the session, including:
- Chat Transcript (including files transferred, special actions, and other events)
- System Information (the General section plus other select details such as disk, memory, and network)
- Session Notes
- Surveys (customer and representative)
Jump to Configuration Item
Support staff can leverage Bomgar Jump Technology to access a configuration item associated with a ticket directly from the Zendesk ticket. The following Jump types are available:
- Jump Client (Pinned Client)
- Local Jump (Push and Start Local)
- Remote Jump (Push and Start Remote)
- Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP)
- Shell Jump (Remote Console)
Click-to-Chat for Help Center Users
Help Center users can open their submitted tickets and start a chat support session directly from the Zendesk ticket. This allows the user the quickest path to resolution while also providing the representative with the necessary context to assist the user. Sessions can be elevated to full support sessions if enabled and when necessary.
Access Ticket from Representative Console
Using Bomgar's custom links ability, a representative can access the associated ticket directly from within the representative console. This saves time searching for the ticket in Zendesk and provides the representative with any issue details, history, or other context to help quickly resolve the issue.