Bomgar Remote Support Integration with Zendesk
Service desks and customer support organizations using Zendesk can integrate with Bomgar to improve service levels, central support processes, and strengthen compliance. This document describes the installation and configuration of the Bomgar Remote Support integration with Zendesk.
This document describes the installation and configuration of the Bomgar Remote Support integration with Zendesk. The integration consists of two main parts:
- Middleware which receives event notifications from the Bomgar Appliance and pushes data into Zendesk.
- An app that can be installed within Zendesk to provide UI elements allowing the user to do things such as generate a session key or Jump to a remote system.
The Zendesk integration with Bomgar Remote Support provides the following functionality:
- A Bomgar session key can be initiated from within a Zendesk ticket.
- An agent can type a machine name into a field on the screen and Jump to the device using Bomgar Jump Technology.
- A customer can request help on an existing issue via the Zendesk Customer Portal.
- The representative can manually associate a session with a particular Zendesk ticket by editing the external key while in a Bomgar session.
- A custom link in the Bomgar representative console can automatically open the ticket in Zendesk.
- When the Bomgar session ends, session data is pushed into Zendesk and can be viewed from within the ticket.
Topics Covered in the Remote Support Zendesk Integration Guide
- Prerequisites for the Bomgar Remote Support Integration with Zendesk
- Configure Zendesk for Integration with Bomgar Remote Support
- Configure Bomgar Remote Support for Integration with Zendesk
- Configure the Zendesk Plugin for Integration with Bomgar Remote Support
- Use Cases for the Zendesk Integration with Bomgar Remote Support