Transfer the Bomgar-ServiceNow Integration Update Sets
The steps below are typically used after the integration has been imported and configured in a test/development instance of ServiceNow and is being transferred to a production instance. However, they are also applicable to transferring the integration between any ServiceNow instances.
Transfer Update Set
- Follow the steps in the ServiceNow documentation to transfer the Bomgar - ServiceNow Integration update set(s) into the destination instance of ServiceNow.
Note: This is typically done by retrieving the update sets from the destination instance or by exporting the update sets from the original instance as XML files. For details, see wiki.servicenow.com/index.php?title=Transferring_Update_Sets.
- Follow the same steps to transfer the Bomgar - ServiceNow Integration Configuration update set.
Configure Production Outbound Event
- In the Bomgar interface, go to /login > Management > Outbound Events.
- Copy the URL of the event for the original ServiceNow instance.
- Click Add New HTTP Recipient.
- In the URL field, paste and replace the name of the original ServiceNow instance with that of the new one such that
/bomgar_post.do(for Global) or
/x_bmgr_support_ent_bomgar_post.do(for Scoped) is preserved at the end. The result should be similar to
https://prod.example.com/bomgar_post.doas opposed to
- Scroll to Events to Send and check the following events:
- Support Session End
- Customer Exit Survey is Completed
- Representative Survey is Completed
- Scroll to the bottom and click Add Recipient.
- Locate the outbound event created during testing and click Edit.
- Check the Disabled checkbox and save.
Configure Custom Link
- Browse to Rep Console > Custom Links.
- Under Rep Console :: Custom Links, update the ServiceNow URL to direct to the destination instance of ServiceNow. Be careful to preserve
/nav_to.do?uri=task.do?sys_id=%EXTERNAL_KEY%at the end.
- Click Save.
- Test the integration setup in its new location following the same steps used to test the original instance. See Test the Setup of the Bomgar and ServiceNow Integration.