Bomgar Integration with ServiceNow - Enterprise
Service desks and customer support organizations using ServiceNow can integrate with Bomgar to improve service levels, centralize support processes, and strengthen compliance. Features of the Bomgar and ServiceNow integration are summarized below.
- Outbound Support Sessions - Technicians can launch Bomgar sessions from within ServiceNow Incidents, Change Requests, Service Catalog Requests, and Call records using the Generate Session Key button.
- Session Updates - Bomgar session data is written back to ServiceNow tickets. This includes chat transcripts, file transfers, system information, session notes, customer and representative surveys, session recordings, and more details about each Bomgar session.
- Embedded Support Portal - Remote end users can initiate Bomgar sessions with technicians through a Bomgar support portal embedded within the ServiceNow Employee Self-Service application.
- Customer-Initiated Sessions - Through the ServiceNow Employee Self Service module, customers can initiate chat sessions with Bomgar representatives from within ServiceNow Incident records.
- Jump Sessions - Technicians can connect directly to remote Configuration Items using Remote Jump, Local Jump, RDP, Shell, and/or vPro technology.
ServiceNow Application Scope
As of version Fuji, ServiceNow supports integrations that are developed in a global scope and integrations that are developed in an application scope. This documentation covers both variations, as we have developed integrations for both scopes. The first of these two is our Global Enterprise Integration, which was developed in the global scope and to which this document refers to as Global. The other is our Scoped Enterprise Integration, which was developed in our Bomgar application scope and to which this document refers to as Scoped.
For the Scoped version of this integration, administrators are prompted when configuring items that live in the global scope. For example, when configuring the Form Layout of an Incident, the user is prompted with an option to Edit this Section in Global. The recommendation for this integration is to edit the section in the global scope, which allows the user to edit the form or record without having to switch out of our Bomgar application scope.