Unless otherwise noted, all of the steps in this section take place in the ServiceNow Express interface. Before installing a production environment, a development or test instance of ServiceNow Express should be used to thoroughly test the integration..
Install Bomgar Integration
To install, the Bomgar integration involves requesting the Bomgar RS and ServiceNow Express integration from the ServiceNow Store.
Install via App Store:
Please see ServiceNow's FAQ regarding APP installation via the App Store at https://store.servicenow.com/appStoreAttachments.do?doc_type=store_faq&inline=true
ServiceNow Store: https://store.servicenow.com
Configure Bomgar Properties
Bomgar properties allow the integration to connect ServiceNow Express with a Bomgar Appliance.
Browse to Bomgar Integration (Express) and click Properties.
- The hostname of your Bomgar RS site - The hostname or IP address of your Bomgar site. This determines the address ServiceNow Express uses for outbound access to Bomgar. An example of this access is when a user in ServiceNow Express clicks the Bomgar RS Session Key button. ServiceNow Express will then make an outbound connection to the Bomgar appliance in order to retrieve the key.
- Enables Jumping to a system that matches the provided search string - If checked, users see a button on the incident form, allowing a search string to be entered that represents a device to access.
- Enables Jumping to a Configuration Item - If checked, users will see a button on incident form that will jump to the incidents Configuration Item
- Enables Generating a Session from an Incident - If checked, users can generate a Bomgar Session Key from within a ServiceNow Express incident.
- Enables Get Support Now from Incidents in the Self-Service Module - If checked, customers see a button on the Self-Service incident form, allowing them to start a session with a Bomgar representative.
Assign Users Appropriate Roles
ITIL users who provide technical support using this integration should be given the x_bmgr_bomgar_xp.bomgar_user role.
- Browse to User Administration > Users.
- Select a user.
- Find the Roles tab and click the Edit... button.
- Add the x_bmgr_bomgar_xp.bomgar_user role from the Collection list to the Roles list.
- Click the Save button.