ServiceNow Basic Integration with Bomgar
Service desks and customer support organizations using ServiceNow can integrate with Bomgar to improve service levels, centralize support processes, and strengthen compliance. Features of the Bomgar and ServiceNow integration are summarized below.
- Outbound Support Sessions - Technicians can launch Bomgar sessions from within ServiceNow Incidents using the Generate Session Key button.
- Session Updates - Bomgar session chat transcripts are written back to ServiceNow and are associated with the Incidents from which they were started.
ServiceNow Application Scope
As of version Fuji, ServiceNow supports integrations that are developed in a global scope and integrations that are developed in an application scope. This documentation covers an integration that was developed in our Bomgar application scope.
For this integration, administrators are prompted when configuring items that live in the global scope. For example, when configuring the Form Layout of an Incident, the user is prompted with an option to Edit this Section in Global. The recommendation for this integration is to edit the section in the global scope, which allows the user to edit the form or record without having to switch out of our Bomgar application scope.
Topics Covered in the Remote Support ServiceNow Basic Integration Guide
- Requirements for the ServiceNow Basic Integration with Bomgar
- Configure Bomgar for the ServiceNow Basic Integration
- Configure ServiceNow for Basic Integration with Bomgar
- Test the Setup of the Bomgar and ServiceNow Basic Integration
- Transfer the Bomgar-ServiceNow Basic Integration Update Sets
- ServiceNow Basic and Bomgar Remote Support Integration Use Cases