Configure Bomgar for the ServiceNow Basic Integration
You must purchase this integration separately from both your Bomgar software and your ServiceNow solution. For more information, contact Bomgar sales.
All of the steps in this section take place in the Bomgar /login administrative interface. Access your Bomgar interface by going to the hostname of your Bomgar Appliance followed by /login (e.g., https://support.example.com/login).
Verify That the API Is Enabled
The Bomgar Integration requires the Bomgar XML API to be enabled. This feature is used from within the integrating software to communicate with the Bomgar APIs.
Go to /login > Management > API Configuration and verify that Enable XML API is checked.
The ServiceNow API account is used from within ServiceNow to make Bomgar Command API calls to Bomgar.
Bomgar 16.2 and later
- Go to /login > Management > API Configuration.
- Click Create New API Account and name it ServiceNow or something similar.
- Set Command API to Full Access.
- Under Reporting API, check all options.
- The OAuth Client ID and OAuth Client Secret are used during the OAuth configuration step in ServiceNow. Make note of these and store them in a secure location.
- Click Save Changes.
Bomgar 16.2 and earlier
- Go to /login > Users & Security > Users.
- Click Create New User and name it ServiceNow or something similar.
- Leave Must Reset Password at Next Login unchecked.
- Set Password Expires On to Never Expires.
- Set Support Session Reporting Permissions to Allowed to View Reports and View All Sessions.
- Check Allowed to View Support Session Recordings.
- Check Allowed to Use Reporting API and Allowed to Use Command API.
- Enable Allowed to provide remote support.
- Scroll to the bottom and save the account.