Configure Bomgar Remote Support for Integration with Salesforce
All of the steps in this section take place in the Bomgar /login administrative interface. Access your Bomgar interface by going to the hostname of your Bomgar Appliance followed by /login (e.g., https://support.example.com/login).
Verify That the API Is Enabled
This integration requires the Bomgar XML API to be enabled. This feature is used from within Salesforce.com to communicate with the Bomgar APIs.
Go to /login > Management > API Configuration and verify that Enable XML API is checked.
Create an API Service Account - Bomgar 16.1 and Earlier
The API user account is used from within the integration to make Bomgar Command API calls to Bomgar.
- Go to /login > Users & Security > Users.
- Click Create New User and name it Integration or something similar.
- Leave Must Reset Password at Next Login unchecked.
- Set Password Expires On to Never Expires.
- Set Allowed to View Support Session Reports to View All Sessions.
- Check Allowed to view support session recordings.
- Set Allowed to View Presentation Session Reports to View All Sessions.
- Check Allowed to Use Reporting API and Allowed to Use Command API.
- Scroll to the bottom and save the account.
Create an API Service Account - Bomgar 16.2 and Later
- Go to Management > API Configuration and create a new API account.
- Under Permissions, check Full Access to the Command API.
- For the Reporting API, check Allow Access to Support Session Reports and Recordings and Allow Access to Presentation Session Reports and Recordings.
- Be sure to copy the values for both the OAuth Client ID and OAuth Client Secret for use in a later step.
- Click Add API Account to create the account.
Add an Outbound Event URL
Outbound events are used to notify Salesforce that a Bomgar session has finished and is ready to be imported into Salesforce.
- Go to /login > Management > Outbound Events.
- Click Add New HTTP Recipient and name it Integration or something similar.
- Enter the URL to use:
support.example.comis the Salesforce.com instance name.
- Scroll to Events to Send and check the following events:
- Support Session End
- Customer Exit Survey is Completed
- Representative Survey is Completed
- Scroll to the bottom and click Add Recipient.
- Now, the list of outbound events should contain the event just added. The Status column displays a value of OK if communication is working. If communication is not working, the Status column displays an error which you can use to repair communication.