Install the Bomgar Remote Support Middleware Engine
To complete this installation, please ensure that you have the necessary software installed and configured as indicated in this guide, accounting for any network considerations.
- Bomgar Remote Support: 14.x and newer
- Bomgar Middleware Engine: 184.108.40.206
The following network communication channels must be open for the Bomgar Middleware Engine to work properly.
|Outbound From||Inbound To||TCP Port #||Purpose|
|Bomgar Middleware Engine Server||Bomgar Appliance||443||API calls from the Bomgar Middleware Engine server.|
|Bomgar Appliance||Bomgar Middleware Engine Server||
8180 (if using default configuration)
|This is needed for plugins which integrate with Bomgar outbound events. Please check the documentation for all plugins used. If no plugins use outbound events, then this port does not have to be open.|
The Bomgar Middleware Engine requires installation on Windows Server 2012 R2 or higher. See specific requirements below.
|Processor||2 GHz or faster|
|Memory||2 GB RAM or greater|
|Available Disk Space||80 GB or greater|
Prerequisite Installation and Configuration
Visual C++ Redistributable Package for Visual Studio 2015 (x86)
- Visual C++ Redistributable Package for Visual Studio 2015 is required by the Bomgar Middleware Engine. If not already present when the Bomgar Middleware Engine setup file is run, this package is installed automatically.
- .NET 4.5.2 or higher is required by Bomgar Middleware Engine. If not already present when the Bomgar Middleware Engine setup file is run, .NET 4.5.2 is installed automatically.
Bomgar Middleware Engine Installation
- Run bomgar-middleware-engine.exe, following on-screen instructions.
- If Visual C++ Redistributable Package for Visual Studio 2013 and/or .NET 4.5.2 are not already installed on the server, they are installed at this time.
Bomgar Middleware Engine Installation Verification
- Open your services management console by typing services.msc in your Windows Run dialog.
- Locate the service named Bomgar Middleware Engine.
- Start the service.
- Open a web browser on the server and go to http://127.0.0.1:53231/.
A page similar to the one pictured should be seen. This is the Bomgar Middleware Administration tool. The "No plugins were found!" message is normal at this point, as no plugins have yet been deployed.
This tool is accessible only from the server where the Bomgar Middleware Engine is installed. If necessary, the tool can run on a different port, and it can be turned on/off as desired. For details, see Configuring the Middleware Administration Tool.