Bomgar Remote Support Integration with JIRA Service Desk
This document describes the installation and configuration of the Bomgar Remote Support and JIRA Service Desk Server integration. The integration consists of two main parts:
- Middleware: This receives event notifications from the Bomgar Appliance and pushes data into JIRA Service Desk.
- Service Desk add-on: This modifies the JIRA Service Desk user interface with Bomgar components.
The JIRA Service Desk integration with Bomgar Remote Support provides the following functionality:
- A Bomgar session key can be generated from within a JIRA Service Desk issue.
- When the Bomgar session ends, session data is pushed into JIRA Service Desk and can be viewed from within the issue. Also, when the session ends, a work log entry can be created.
- An agent can type a machine name into a field on the screen and Jump to the device using Bomgar Jump technology.
- While in a Bomgar session, the representative can edit the external key and can associate the session with a particular JIRA Service Desk issue.
- Customers can request help on an existing issue via the JIRA Service Desk Customer Portal.
- Customers can request help outside of an existing issue via the JIRA Service Desk Customer Portal. When the session starts, an issue is created automatically in JIRA Service Desk.
- A custom link in the Bomgar representative console can be used to open an issue in JIRA Service Desk.