Bomgar Remote Support Integration with HEAT Software
Support and IT organizations using HEAT software can integrate with Bomgar Remote Support to improve service levels, centralize support processes, and strengthen compliance. This document describes the installation and configuration of the Bomgar Remote Support integration with HEAT.
The integration between HEAT and Bomgar Remote Support enables service desk technicians to launch a secure remote support session directly from within HEAT.
The HEAT integration with Bomgar Remote Support provides the following functionality:
- A self-service user can start a Bomgar click-to-chat session directly from an incident within HEAT.
- A representative can generate a session key directly from an incident, change, or service request.
- Details of all Bomgar sessions initiated from an incident, change, or service request context are linked to the associated item and are viewable as a list as well as in a detailed view on each item type.
- While in a Bomgar session linked to a HEAT item, a custom link in the Bomgar representative console allows a representative to launch a browser window directly to the HEAT item in order to view additional information.
- A Bomgar Jump session can be initiated to access a configuration item from an incident, with the Jump session details being linked to the incident.
- If a session originates outside the normal HEAT workflow, with a ticket for the incident already existing in HEAT, the representative can manually link the session to the HEAT ticket to ensure all details are captured in the HEAT system.
- With assistance from Bomgar Professional Services, the integration can automatically generate incidents in HEAT when a session is received, thus saving a number of steps for the support representative.