Use Cases for the CA Service Desk Integration with Bomgar Remote Support
Generate Session Key
Support staff can generate a session key that can be given to the end user over the phone or via email to initiate a support session that is automatically associated with the selected ticket.
Import Bomgar Session Data into Ticket
Once the session ends, the ticket is automatically updated with information gathered during the session, including:
- Chat Transcript (including files transferred, special actions, and other events)
- System Information (the General section plus other select details such as disk, memory, and network)
- Session Notes
- Surveys (customer and representative)
Jump to Configuration Item
Support staff can leverage Bomgar Jump Technology to access a configuration item associated with a ticket directly from the Service Desk ticket. The following Jump types are available:
- Jump Client (Pinned Client)
- Local Jump (Push and Start Local)
- Remote Jump (Push and Start Remote)
- Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP)
- Shell Jump (Remote Console)
Click-to-Chat for Self Service Users
Self Service users can open their submitted tickets and start a chat support session directly from the Service Desk ticket. This allows the user the quickest path to resolution while also providing the representative with the necessary context to assist the user. Sessions can be elevated to full support sessions if enabled and when necessary.
For previously unreported issues or questions, the end user can submit some basic information and immediately begin a support session. Meanwhile, the integration takes the submitted information from the session and creates a new Service Desk ticket. This saves time and unnecessary steps for the end user and support staff.