Modify the Customer Client Appearance
Here are the step-by-step instructions that describe how to update the agreements and the system messages your customers see while waiting for support, as well as how the customer client appears overall.
- From the /login administrative interface, go to Public Portals > Customer Client.
- You can modify the customer client for each public site. Select the public site to edit.
- First, you may edit the text of the email that is sent to customers when a representative sends a session key email.
- Next, you may customize the way the customer client displays. In this example, the Customer Agreement, item A, is enabled, and the text in the agreement is modified for Technology Company.
- A separate click-to-chat agreement, item B, is also displayed and customized.
- The Acceptance Timeout, item C, sets how long the customer has to accept the agreement before the session closes; this timeout can be modified as appropriate to your needs.
- Choose if the customer should be prompted to allow or deny session recordings. Also choose if customer notices should display in the customer client.
- The Customer Greeting, On Hold Message, Click-to-Chat Elevation Prompt, and Orphaned Session Message can all be modified, as well.
- If no representatives are available, the customer can be redirected to an orphaned session URL, item D. In this example, the customer's browser will open to http://www.support.paxtonthomas.com/faq.
- You may also upload a custom image file to serve as the customer client chat window banner.
- From the Customer Client :: Chat Window Banner section of the Customer Client page, Browse to select your new banner image, and then click Upload New.
Note: This image must be a 256-color (8-bit) Windows Bitmap file (.bmp) and must be 480 pixels wide. The recommended height is 40 pixels.
- Once the file is uploaded, all new sessions will use that image. Currently running sessions will not be affected.
Note: The chat window banner can be reverted to the default by clicking Revert to Default.
- Depicted to the right is the Bomgar customer client after the customizations for Technology Company. This is what customers will see when they download the customer client and allow a support representative for Technology Company to support their system.