Bomgar Virtual Appliance Installation
This guide is designed to walk you through the initial setup and configuration of your Bomgar Virtual Appliance. Should you need any assistance, please contact Bomgar Technical Support at help.bomgar.com.
Before beginning your Bomgar Virtual Appliance setup, please make sure you review the following prerequisites and the sizing guidelines that follow.
- VMware vCenter 5.0+, or Hyper-V 2012 R2 (standalone or as a role).
- One 24 GB partition for the Bomgar OS, and at least 100 GB available for logs and recording. To determine exactly how much available storage you need for your environment, see Bomgar Virtual Appliance Sizing Guidelines.
- External IP SANs need to be on a 1Gbit or 10Gbit reserved network with 10K RPM disk or better.
- A static IP for your Virtual Appliance.
- A private DNS A-record resolving to the static IP of your Virtual Appliance. A public A-record and public IP will also be required if public clients will need access to the appliance. The DNS A-record is the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of your site (e.g., support.example.com).
Note: "Public clients" include any client software (browsers, Bomgar representatives providing support, remote clients receiving support, etc.) which connect from external IP addresses outside of network(s) and VPN(s) local to the Bomgar appliance's network.
- A valid NTP server that is reachable by the appliance.
- Ensure that the system time between the host server and the guest Bomgar OS are in sync. Variations by even a few seconds can potentially result in performance or connectivity issues.