Bomgar Privileged Access Integration with Thycotic Secret Server
You must purchase this integration separately from both your Bomgar software and your Thycotic Secret Server solution. For more information, contact Bomgar sales.
Bomgar's Privileged Access plugin integration to Thycotic Secret Server enables automatic password injection to authorized systems through encrypted Bomgar connections, removing the need to share and expose credentials to privileged accounts. In addition to machine-specific credentials, the integration also has the ability to retrieve domain credentials that are not machine-specific, giving domain admins and other privileged users access to those credentials for use on endpoints on a domain.
The integration between Bomgar and Thycotic enables:
- One-click password injection and session spawning
- Credentials never exposed to authorized users of Bomgar
- Access to systems on or off the network with no pre-configured VPN or other routing in place
- Passwords always stored securely in Thycotic Secret Server
The Bomgar Endpoint Credential Manager (ECM) enables the communication between Thycotic Secret Server and Bomgar Privileged Access. The ECM is deployed to a hardened Windows Server inside the firewall, typically in the same network as Secret Server. Once the ECM is deployed, Bomgar users see a list of administrator-defined credentials for the endpoints they are authorized to access. A set of these credentials can be selected when challenged with a login screen during an access session, and the user is automatically logged in, having never seen the username/password combination.
Thycotic Secret Server handles all elements of securing and managing the passwords, so policies that require the password to be rotated after use are supported. Bomgar Privileged Access handles creating and managing access to the endpoint and then recording the session and controlling the level of access granted to the user, including what the user can see and do on that endpoint.
Topics Covered in the Thycotic Integration Guide
- Prerequisites for the Bomgar Privileged Access Integration with Thycotic Secret Server
- Configure Thycotic Secret Server for Integration with Bomgar Privileged Access
- Configure Bomgar Privileged Access for Integration with Thycotic Secret Server
- Configure the Thycotic Secret Server Plugin for Integration with Bomgar Privileged Access