Test the Setup of the Bomgar PA and ServiceNow Integration
Test Access Configuration Item Button
- Log into the Bomgar access console, and then log into ServiceNow with the same account. If Bomgar and ServiceNow use different authentication systems, manually assign your Bomgar user to your ServiceNow user as described in Configure Bomgar Username and Authentication.
- Open a configuration item in ServiceNow that has a corresponding Jump Client in Bomgar, and make sure the Access CI button shows up.
- Click the Access CI button. It should launch the Bomgar access console. In case of failure, make sure the following are true:
- The ServiceNow user account is mapped to a Bomgar user account as described in this guide.
- The ServiceNow API User Connection test completes successfully.
- The Bomgar Hostname, Username, and Password fields are set correctly in ServiceNow under Bomgar PA > Appliances. These should match the API User Connection test.
Test Bomgar Session Import
- Log into ServiceNow as an ITIL user or an admin.
- Use the Access CI button as described above to start a Bomgar session.
- End the session from the access console and close any session end messages on the user and/or customer sides of the session.
- Refresh the ServiceNow incident from which the session key was generated, scroll to the bottom of the page, and check the Bomgar Sessions list. There should be an entry for the recent session. If not, make sure the following are true:
- The API User Connection test works correctly as described above.
- There are no Bomgar errors reported for your ServiceNow instance in the Bomgar Outbound Events list. Your Bomgar admin can check this in Bomgar from the /login web interface under Management > Outbound Events.
- The IP address is set up correctly, following the steps below:
- Log into ServiceNow as an admin.
- Browse to System Logs > Transactions, remove all existing filters, and add a URL filter of
- Click one of the results and make sure the originating IP address of the transaction is included in the Bomgar PA Appliance IP Address field of the integration appliance settings under Bomgar PA > Appliances > Default.