Configure Bomgar PA for the ServiceNow Integration
All of the steps in this section take place in the Bomgar /login administrative interface. Access your Bomgar interface by going to the hostname of your Bomgar Appliance followed by /login (e.g., https://access.example.com/login).
Verify that the API is enabled
The Bomgar Integration requires the Bomgar XML API to be enabled. This feature is used from within the integrating software to communicate with the Bomgar APIs.
Go to /login > Management > API Configuration and verify that Enable XML API is checked.
Create a ServiceNow API user account
The ServiceNow API user account is used from within ServiceNow to make Bomgar Command API calls to Bomgar.
- Go to /login > Users & Security > Users.
- Click Create New User and name it ServiceNow or something similar.
- Leave Must Reset Password at Next Login unchecked.
- Set Password Expires On to Never Expires.
- Set Access Session Reporting Permissions to View All Sessions.
- Check Allowed to view access session recordings.
- Check Allowed to use reporting API and Allowed to use command API.
- Enable Allowed to access endpoints.
- Scroll to the bottom and save the account.
Add outbound events
Outbound events are used to notify ServiceNow that a Bomgar Session has finished and is ready to be imported into ServiceNow.
- Go to /login > Management > Outbound Events.
- Click Add New HTTP Recipient and name it ServiceNow Integration or something similar, depending on your ServiceNow instance.
- Set the URL to
support.example.comis the ServiceNow instance name.
- Scroll to Events to Send and check Access Session End.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Add Recipient.
Set up the custom link
Bomgar custom links can be configured to allow users to quickly access the ServiceNow Incident that is associated with the session.
- Browse to Access Console > Custom Links.
- Under Access Console :: Custom Links, click Create New Custom Link.
- Enter a name for the link, and then set the URL to
access.example.comis the ServiceNow instance name. If needed, you can use any of the available macros to customize the link according to your specifications.
- Click Add Custom Link to save the new link.