Deploy the Bomgar PA Appliance into a Microsoft Azure Environment
For administrators who wish to deploy the Bomgar Virtual Appliance into their Microsoft Azure environment, follow the steps below.
You must have a Microsoft Azure account and environment already configured. Also, you must install the Azure PowerShell Module on your machine, which may require a PowerShell upgrade. For more information about installing and configuring the Azure PowerShell Module, please see Install and configure Azure PowerShell .
- Open the email you received from Bomgar Technical Support and select the Click Here for your Bomgar Virtual Appliance (Azure) for Privileged Access Management link to download the BomgarPAM_azure.exe file.
- Click BomgarPAM_azure.exe within your browser to begin installation.
- If you receive a Security Warning prompt, click Run.
- Choose where you wish the files to be extracted to on your desktop. Click Extract.
- Wait for the files to extract. You can review the Elapsed Time, Remaining Time, and blue progress bar to see how extraction is progressing.
- When extraction is complete, the BomgarPAM_azure.exe, Deploy_AzureBomgarVM.ps1, and Bomgar-br.v.2.vhd files appear in the location you designated during the extraction process. Right-click on the Deploy_AzureBomgarVM.ps1 PowerShell script and click Edit.
- Once the PowerShell script opens, locate STEP 1 and modify the following variables based on the specifics of your Microsoft Azure environment:
- Resource Group Name
- Storage Account Name
- Location (e.g., westus)
- vnet Name
- subnet Name
Note: The vmName does not need to be changed.
- In the Azure console, set the appliance's external IP to Static. Then assign your DNS entry to that external IP.
- Or, apply a DNS name within Azure. Set a CNAME record pointed to that address.
Note: No further network or console configuration is needed for Azure-based appliances. Please continue to Register and Update the Privileged Access Virtual Appliance