Initial Network Configuration During PA Appliance Setup
Before deploying the Bomgar Appliance on your network, you must set up its network configuration. This is done by accessing the Bomgar Appliance administrative interface from a web browser on your computer. The steps below will walk you through this process. Your process may vary depending upon your operating system.
- After performing the external setup of your Bomgar Appliance, go to the Local Area Connection on your computer and click Properties.
- Highlight Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4) and click the Properties button.
- Enter 169.254.1.5 as your IP address and 255.255.0.0 as the subnet mask. Be sure the Gateway and DNS fields are blank.
- Launch a web browser and enter the address https://169.254.1.1/appliance/login.ns in the URL address field. If this fails, try alternately substituting ".2", ".3" and ".4" for the last decimal in the address above. Load each of these addresses separately until one responds. Enter the default username and password and click Login.
Default Username: admin
Default Password: password
Upon initial login, you are prompted to change your appliance administration password.
Note: The Bomgar Appliance uses two administrative web interfaces, /appliance and /login, to isolate hardware administration from user management. The /appliance interface is used to configure network settings and upgrade Bomgar software. The /login interface is not available until after Bomgar Technical Support builds the necessary software licensing package and this package is installed through /appliance. Once installed, /login is used to manage users and workflows, deploy client software, report on access activity, create and use integrations, etc. See the Bomgar Privileged Access Admin Interface.
- Once you are logged into the /appliance interface, you will see the Status > Basics page. This page includes information such as the serial number which Bomgar Technical Support requires to register the appliance with the Bomgar licensing servers. Take a screenshot of this page and send it to Bomgar Technical Support so that the Support team can register your appliance.
- Next, go to Networking > IP Configuration. Under the NIC Configuration section, click Add New IP.
- Enter the static IP address and subnet mask for your Bomgar Appliance. Typically you should leave the default values for both fields. You can decide if this IP address will support session traffic, web traffic, or both. Then click Save Changes.
- Under the Global Network Configuration section, set your default gateway. Enter your default Gateway and DNS server addresses. After entering the required information, click Save Changes.
Note: Valid DNS settings are required for failover and automatic updates to function properly.
For more about network configuration, see The Bomgar Appliance in the Network.