Invite An External User to Join a Privileged Web Session
Within a session, you can request an external user to participate in a session one time only. To invite an external user to a session, follow the steps outlined below.
- While in a session, click on the Share Session button.
- From the menu, select Invite External Representative.
- Select a security policy. These policies are created in the /login administrative interface and determine the level of permission the external user will have. When you select a policy, the full description displays below.
- Enter the invited user's name. This name appears in the chat window and in reports.
- Next, enter comments about why this user has been invited.
- Click Send, and a new dialogue containing the invitation URL appears.
- Depending on the options selected by your administrator, you may be able to send the invitation from your local email or from a server side email. You can also copy and paste the direct URL and send it to the user.
- When the external user clicks the access invite URL, they are given the option to join the session using the privileged web access console or to download and install the desktop access console.
- Once they have selected privileged web access console or installed the desktop access console, they can join the session.
Note: Here are some tips for using the external user invite feature:
- The external user has access to only the session tab and has a limited set of privileges.
- The external user can never be the session owner.
- When the inviting user leaves the session, the external user is logged out.
- You can invite more than one external user.
- The external user can elevate to the desktop access console. When the Elevate button is clicked, a new browser tab opens that redirects the user to the Access Invite URL for the desktop access console.