Log into Endpoints Using Credential Injection in the Android Access Console
When accessing a Windows-based Jump Client via the mobile access console, you can use credentials from a credential store to log into the endpoint or to run applications as an admin.
Before using credential injection, make sure that you have a credential store available to connect to Bomgar PA, such as a password vault.
Install and Configure the Endpoint Credential Manager
Before you can begin accessing Jump Items using credential injection, you must download, install, and configure the Bomgar Endpoint Credential Manager (ECM). The Bomgar ECM allows you to quickly configure your connection to a credential store, such as a password vault.
Note: The ECM must be installed in your network to enable the Bomgar ECM Service and to use credential injection in Bomgar PA.
- To begin, download the Bomgar Endpoint Credential Manager (ECM) from Bomgar Support . Start the Bomgar Endpoint Credential Manager Setup Wizard.
- Agree to the EULA terms and conditions. Mark the checkbox if you agree, and click Install.
Note: You are not allowed to proceed with the installation unless you agree to the EULA.
If you need to modify the ECM installation path, click the Options button to customize the installation location.
- Click Install.
- Choose a location for the credential manager and click Next.
- On the next screen, you can begin the installation or review any previous step.
- Click Install when you are ready to begin.
- The installation takes a few moments. On the screen, click Finish.
Note: To ensure optimal up-time, administrators can install up to five ECMs on different Windows machines to communicate with the same site on the Bomgar Appliance. A list of the ECMs connected to the appliance site can be found at /login > Status > Information > ECM Clients.
Note: When multiple ECMs are connected to a Bomgar site, the Bomgar Appliance routes requests to the ECM that has been connected to the appliance the longest.
Configure a Connection to Your Credential Store
Using the ECM Configurator, set up a connection to your credential store.
- Locate the Bomgar ECM Configurator you just installed using the Windows Search entry field or by viewing your Start menu programs list.
- Run the program to begin establishing a connection.
- When the ECM Configurator opens, complete the fields. All fields are required.
- When you click the Choose Plugin... button, the ECM location folder opens.
- Paste your plugin files into the folder.
- Open the plugin file to begin loading.
|Client ID||The ID for your credential store.|
|Client Secret||The secret key for your credential store.|
|Site||The URL for your credential store instance.|
|Port||The server port through which the ECM connects to your site.|
|Plugin||Click the Choose Plugin... button to locate the plugin.|
Note: If you are connecting to a password vault, more configuration at the plugin level may be needed. Plugin requirements vary based on the credential store that is being connected.
Use Credential Injection to Access Endpoints
After the credential store has been configured and a connection established, Bomgar PA can begin using credentials in the credential store to log into endpoints.
- Go to your Jump Items list.
- Tap the Jump Item you wish to access.
- Tap Jump.
- The Enter Credentials prompt appears. Tap Credential Store.
- Tap the credentials you wish to use to access the system.
- Tap OK.
- From within the session, tap the Start button to start screen sharing.
- Tap the Special Actions option. Tap Run as....
- Tap Windows Security (Ctrl-Alt-Del).
- Tap the Key icon. The key icon allows the system to view your stored credentials to gain entry into the endpoint