Migrate Bomgar Verify to Another Server
Before migrating servers, it is crucial that a backup is made of the following files: config.db, configpre54.db, local.ini, and server.ini. For 32-bit installations, the files are located at dir\Program Files\Bomgar\Security Server. For 64-bit installations, the files are located at dir\Program Files(x86)\Bomgar\Security Server.
The recommended method for migrating a Bomgar Verify installation from one server to another is to conduct a clean install of the Bomgar Verify Security server on the new target machine.
- When the Advanced Configuration Wizard begins, select Additional server (Replica).
- Follow the screen prompts, indicating when to use the config.db and server.ini files from the existing server. All global configuration data is stored on the Bomgar Verify server in the server.ini file, and all user data is stored and encrypted in the LDAP server and domain. Therefore, no user data is affected when adding an additional Bomgar Verify server.
- When the new Bomgar Verify server is fully operational, the original server can be decommissioned.
Note: The RADIUS clients, IIS, and Windows login agents all require updating in order to communicate with the correct Bomgar Verify server.
Note: Multiple security servers must share the same security encryption key, config.db. It is essential to backup this file before migration.
Steps to Install Additional Verify Security Servers
Run the Security Server’setup.exe file. Install the program on the next required server.
Select Additional Server (Replica).
Press Upload config.db.
- Browse to the config.db file on the first installed security server installed. The default location for this file is for 64-bit installation at C:\Program Files (x86)\Bomgar\Security Server.
Repeat the same task for the server.ini file and optionally for the gateway.ini file.
Note: Each Bomgar Verify Security Server uses a local.ini file and a server.ini file. This process has been created to assist deployments where multiple Bomgar Verify servers exist. Any changes made on a server update the server.ini file or local.ini file. At which point, these files must be copied to the other servers. The local.ini file stores data regarding local configuration details. The server.ini file stores data about global configuration details.
Start the Security Server Admin GUI on the new server.
- Select the menu config by navigating to Start > All Programs > Bomgar > Bomgar Local Administration
- For a default installation, the physical path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Bomgar\Security Server\LOCALADMIN\localadmin.exe.
- Match any changes made to ensure that all servers have the same configuration settings. Additional servers MUST share the same Bomgar Verify administration account for each domain they manage. The batch server start times must be set to start at the same time, allowing for any local time zone changes occur properly. Multiple batch server processes must run within ten minutes of each other or multiple day codes may be sent to end users.