Recommended Backup Procedure
After the initial installation is complete or after re-installation of the security server software.
The Master Encryption key and configuration files are located by default:
- for 32 bit installations:
- in C:\Program Files\Bomgar\Security Server\
- for 64 bit installations:
- in C:\Program Files(x86)\Bomgar\Security Server\
The following files should be backed up
config.db, configpre54.db, local.ini and server.ini should all be backed up.
It is also recommended that you backup the following regularly –
The DATA subfolder located in the Bomgar installation folder. This contains the following information –
- LOG files
- RADIUS configuration Data
- SMS Message Queue and Controls
- SecurMail messages
- SecurMail mailbox authentication data
- Web Templates (Local Bomgar Verify server)
- SMS Message Templates
The Bomgar Verify server data stored in LDAP (in the telexnumber attribute on Novell eDir, Sun Directory, OpenLDAP; In the PrimaryTelexNumber and TelexNumberOther attributes on Active Directory).
For Microsoft ADAM / AD/LDS please see Microsoft article number 737702 on Tech Net for the recommended procedure. All SecurEnvoy ADAM / AD/LDS files are stored in the DATA\Adam subfolder of the Bomgar Verify installation folder.
Automated Unmanaged users backup
Bomgar Verify makes a backup of all unmanaged users & stores these within date stamped ldf files:
- For 32 bit installations:
- C:\Program Files\Bomgar\Security Server\Data\BACKUP
- For 64 bit installations:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Bomgar\Security Server\Data\BACKUP
To restore all unmanaged users from a given day, run the following:
- Run cmd with an administrator account
- ldifde -i -f (file name to restore)
Example, restore all users unmanaged on the 26th March 2014 run the command
ldifde -i -f 26_Mar_2014.ldf