Log into the Connect Representative Console for iOS
From the login screen, enter your Bomgar site hostname, such as example.bomgarconnect.com. Then enter the username and password associated with your Bomgar user account. You can choose to have the Bomgar representative console remember your login credentials.
Authentication Methods for the Remote Support iOS Representative Console
Log into the iOS Representative Console Using Touch ID
Touch ID is the fingerprint identity sensor found in the following iOS devices:
- iPhone 5s or later
- iPad Pro
- iPad Air 2
- iPad mini 3 or later
With this feature, you can unlock your device or authorize other actions on your iPhone or iPad using your fingerprint as a passcode. To learn more about Touch ID and how to enable it for your device, please see About Touch ID security on iPhone and iPad and Use Touch ID on iPhone and iPad.
You can use Touch ID to log into the mobile representative console for iOS. The same fingerprint authentication used to unlock your device can be used to gain entry into your representative console. Follow the steps below to enableTouch ID authentication for your mobile representative console.
- Open the Bomgar Mobile Representative Console app.
- Enter your Bomgar site hostname, such as example.bomgarconnect.com, along with your credentials.
- Verify that the Remember Me option is enabled.
- Tap Yes on the Touch ID prompt that appears upon login.
- Log out of the representative console.
- Tap the Login with Touch ID option that appears on the login screen.
- Place your finger on the Home button of your device to finish logging into the representative console.
Note: At any time, you can log in using your username and password by tapping on the Back to Login option..
Note: From the Preferences section of the mobile representative console, you can turn off the Touch ID functionality by disabling the Require Touch ID to use stored credentials for this site option.
Log into the iOS Representative Console Using 1Password
1Password is an easy-to-use password vault that helps keep your master password safe and confidential. To learn more about 1Password, please see Security is not just a feature. It's our foundation.. Follow the steps below to use 1Password to access the Bomgar iOS representative console.
Note: Before using 1Password with the Bomgar iOS representative console, make sure you have configured an account with 1Password and that the application is synced with your device. For more information, please see Get Started with 1Password.
- Open the representative console app on your iOS device.
- Tap the key lock icon found in the Password field.
- Note: If 1Password is not configured on the device, the key lock icon will not be visible.
- From the prompt, tap 1Password. You are redirected to the 1Password login page.
- If Touch ID is enabled, you device allows your fingerprint to be used authentication to open the 1Password application. If Touch ID is not enabled on your device, you must enter your master password for authentication.
- Once logged in, 1Password lists the accounts that can access the Bomgar iOS representative console. Tap the account you would like to use to access the representative console.