Jumpoint Configuration for Unattended Access
Bomgar Jumpoints enable you to access Windows systems on a network, without a pre-installed client. Learn how to create and install a Jumpoint, including configuring its proxy settings. Through a Jumpoint, you also can Shell Jump to SSH-enabled and Telnet-enabled network devices. Once your Jumpoint is set up, Jump to a remote system by entering its hostname or IP address or by browsing the remote network directory.Download the Transcript (.pdf)
Transcript: Jumpoint Configuration for Unattended Access
With a Bomgar Jumpoint, a support representative can access and control unattended Windows computers on a remote network without installing a client on each remote system.
Add New Jumpoint
To configure Jumpoints, go to your Bomgar Appliance /login interface. Click on the Configuration tab and then go to the Jumpoint page.
At the bottom of the page is the option to enable network browsing. If this box is checked, you can search for the remote computer you wish to access by browsing the network's directory structure. If the box is unchecked, you must enter the remote system's hostname or IP address.
Create a Jumpoint by clicking Add New Jumpoint. Enter an identifying name and add users who should be authorized to access this Jumpoint. Users can also be added via group policy.
If you want this Jumpoint to be available to connect to SSH-enabled and Telnet-enabled network devices, check Enable Shell Jump Access.
Finally, click Add Jumpoint.
From the list of Jumpoints, find your new Jumpoint and download the appropriate 32-bit or 64-bit installer to a system on the remote network you wish to access. This system will serve as the initiation point for Jump sessions with other computers on that network. As such, it is important that the host system NOT be a system already in use as a server, to ensure that Jump connections can be securely completed. Deploying the Jumpoint to a virtual system is the ideal setup scenario if such a system is available.
The installation wizard will walk you through the first part of the setup process.
For a Jumpoint to be deployed on a remote LAN behind a proxy, appropriate proxy information may be necessary for the Jumpoint to connect back to the Bomgar Appliance. You can configure proxy settings to be supplied whenever Jumping to another system on the remote network, providing the credentials necessary to download and run the customer client on the target system.
You also can set up this Jumpoint to function as a proxy itself. If Jump Zone Proxy Server is selected, this Jumpoint can be used to proxy connections for clients on the network that do not have a native internet connection. Using a Jumpoint as a proxy will route traffic only to the appliance.
Enter the DNS or IP address to use as the listening interface, and set which port to use. Set whether to allow all IP addresses or to limit the IPs that can connect through this proxy.
The Shell Jump tab determines how this Jumpoint can be used to connect to SSH-enabled and Telnet-enabled network devices. With Open Access, permitted representatives can Shell Jump to any remote device by entering its hostname or IP address or by selecting it from a list of provisioned devices. Limited Access allows Shell Jump by selecting a provisioned device or by entering a device's hostname or IP address provided that it falls within the parameters set by the limited host list. If Provisioned Only is selected, representatives can Shell Jump only to provisioned devices.
On the TTL tab, a date and time can be set to specify when the Jumpoint should become active and when it should automatically disable. Setting these delimiters determines the duration of time for which representatives can access the remote network through this Jumpoint.
Click Finish, and the installation will complete.
Starting Sessions Via Jumpoint
To connect to a remote computer via Jumpoint, open your representative console and access the Jumpoint dialog by clicking the Jump To button above the Jump interface or by selecting Jump To from the Support menu.
From the dropdown, select the network you wish to access. Check Remember Jumpoint to have the representative console remember your latest selection or leave it unchecked to have the dropdown return to the default the next time you open the Jumpoint dialog.
Enter the hostname or IP address of the remote system you wish to access. If network browsing is enabled, you also can click on the small browse button to search the network directory for the computer you want. Then click Jump. You will be prompted for credentials to the remote system. Once valid credentials are supplied, the customer client will install on the remote system, and a support session will begin.
- What's New in Bomgar 15.1
- What's New in Bomgar 14.2
- What's New in Bomgar 14.1
- What's New in Bomgar 13.1
- Remote Control Samsung Android Phones and Tablets
- What's New in Bomgar 12.2 and 12.3
- SSL Certificate Management, Base 3.3.2 and Later
- SSL Certificate Request and Setup, Base 3.3.2 and Later
- Self-Signed Certificates, Base 3.3.2 and Later
- What's New in Bomgar 12.1
- Bomgar's Integration with ServiceNow
- Bomgar Intel vPro Support
- Bomgar Mobile Representative Consoles for Android and iPhone
- Bomgar iOS Customer Client – iPhone & iPad Support
- What's New in Bomgar 11.1
- Embassy Authentication
- Manage and Deploy Jump Clients
- Control Unattended Computers with Jump Clients
- Representative Console Custom Link
- System Info Logging
- Bomgar Android Customer Client
- Bomgar iPad Representative Console
- Integrating Bomgar with HP Service Manager
- Integrating Bomgar with BMC Remedy
- Advanced Reporting
- Dashboard Management
- Appliance NIC Management
- SSL Certificate Management Prior to Base 3.3.2
- SSL Certificate Request and Setup Prior to Base 3.3.2
- Self-Signed Certificates – Basic Configuration Prior to Base 3.3.2
- Self-Signed Certificates – Advanced Configuration Prior to Base 3.3.2
- Optimize Appliance Failover
- Jumpoint Configuration for Unattended Access
- Manage and Deploy Jump Clients – Bomgar 10.6
- Control Unattended Computers with Jump Clients – Bomgar 10.6
- iPhone and iPad Remote Support