SSL Certificate Management, Base 3.3.2 and Later
Note: This video applies to Bomgar Appliances running Base 3.3.2 and later. For Bomgar Appliances running appliance software prior to Base 3.3.2, see SSL Certificate Management Prior to Base 3.3.2. To verify your version of Base, log into your /appliance interface and check the Status > Basics page.
Applying SSL certificates to your Bomgar Appliances helps to ensure the security of your support sites. View the basics of applying certificates, both self-signed and certificate-authority-signed.Download the Transcript (.pdf)
Transcript: SSL Certificate Management, Base 3.3.2 and Later
Your customers feel more confident in your security when you use SSL certificates to guarantee their interactions with your site are secure. Manage your certificates from the Security page of the /appliance interface.
From the Certificate Installation section, create a self-signed certificate, create a certificate request, or import a signed SSL certificate. While a self-signed certificate is a quick way to secure your site, a signed certificate provides greater trust. Also, a signed certificate may be required for all software clients to make a connection through your site.
In the Certificates section, view a table of SSL certificates available on your appliance. Click a certificate name to edit the IP addresses that use this certificate.
Under Certificate Requests, view all requests waiting to be signed. Click on a request name to access the data required by your certificate authority.
Under Keys, view all private keys that are resident on the appliance. Each key shows its certificate or request associations.
Bomgar Corporation recognizes your need for security. Configure your certificates to fully assure your customers.
- What's New in Bomgar 15.1
- What's New in Bomgar 14.2
- What's New in Bomgar 14.1
- What's New in Bomgar 13.1
- Remote Control Samsung Android Phones and Tablets
- What's New in Bomgar 12.2 and 12.3
- SSL Certificate Management, Base 3.3.2 and Later
- SSL Certificate Request and Setup, Base 3.3.2 and Later
- Self-Signed Certificates, Base 3.3.2 and Later
- What's New in Bomgar 12.1
- Bomgar's Integration with ServiceNow
- Bomgar Intel vPro Support
- Bomgar Mobile Representative Consoles for Android and iPhone
- Bomgar iOS Customer Client – iPhone & iPad Support
- What's New in Bomgar 11.1
- Embassy Authentication
- Manage and Deploy Jump Clients
- Control Unattended Computers with Jump Clients
- Representative Console Custom Link
- System Info Logging
- Bomgar Android Customer Client
- Bomgar iPad Representative Console
- Integrating Bomgar with HP Service Manager
- Integrating Bomgar with BMC Remedy
- Advanced Reporting
- Dashboard Management
- Appliance NIC Management
- SSL Certificate Management Prior to Base 3.3.2
- SSL Certificate Request and Setup Prior to Base 3.3.2
- Self-Signed Certificates – Basic Configuration Prior to Base 3.3.2
- Self-Signed Certificates – Advanced Configuration Prior to Base 3.3.2
- Optimize Appliance Failover
- Jumpoint Configuration for Unattended Access
- Manage and Deploy Jump Clients – Bomgar 10.6
- Control Unattended Computers with Jump Clients – Bomgar 10.6
- iPhone and iPad Remote Support