Remote Control Android Phones and Tablets from a PC
Bomgar + Samsung
Use Bomgar to remote control Android phones and tablets made by Samsung. The Bomgar Remote Support Client App for Samsung, available on Google Play, enables full screen sharing and remote control of Samsung devices running Android 2.3 and above.
Android support features include:
- Screen Sharing (Samsung devices) – See what the end-user sees anywhere on their Android-powered Samsung smartphone or tablet in real time.
- Remote Control (Samsung devices) – Navigate the screen, access applications, and type and click as if you're holding the device in your hands.
- Chat Support – Chat back and forth with the end-user within the remote support session.
- System Info – View key system info, including OS version, memory, apps, etc. to help diagnose the issue.
- File Transfer – Transfer files to and from the Android device.
- Multiple Sessions – Support Android devices while simultaneously working on other systems and devices through session tabs – no add-ons or upgrades required.
- Support from any Platform – Provide support to Android devices from a Windows, Mac or Linux computer, or from an iPad, iPhone or any Android smartphone or tablet via Bomgar's Mobile Rep Consoles.
- Collaboration – Invite additional support technicians into a remote support session to collaboratively resolve the issue, or transfer the session to an expert.
- Security – As with every Bomgar session, each action taken and the entire chat transcript is logged and stored in your own secure Bomgar Appliance, improving security and compliance.
Bomgar also offers a number of remote support features for Android devices made by manufacturers other than Samsung, including viewing system information and transferring files. Plus, Bomgar's Mobile Representative Console for Android allows support technicians to provide support from any Android device.Download the Transcript (.pdf)
Transcript: Remote Control Android Phones and Tablets from a PC
Bomgar + Samsung
Every single day, Google activates more than one million new Android smartphones and tablets. And the majority of those devices are made by Samsung, the largest Android handset manufacturer in the world. If you work in tech support, this probably isn't surprising, as more and more employees and customers are asking for help with their Android devices.
That's why Bomgar has partnered with Samsung to develop the Bomgar support client for Samsung. When an end-user needs support for their Samsung device, all they have to do is request a remote support session as they normally would. They are then prompted to download the free Bomgar app from Google Play. Once downloaded, they simply click a link and are taken directly into a session.
Once the remote session begins, the technician can see the end-user's screen, navigate the phone, click on apps, and type as if they were holding the device in their hands. The rep can also chat with the end-user, view key system information, and transfer files to and from the device.
The support tech can work on multiple Android devices as well as other systems simultaneously, using Bomgar's tab interface. And if the tech gets stuck on a problem, he can always invite another team member or an external rep into the session to collaborate on the issue and get it resolved as quickly as possible.
With Bomgar, you don't have to worry about the security risks of supporting mobile devices. Every remote support session is routed through your secure Bomgar Appliance, which captures a comprehensive audit trail of every action taken, along with the complete chat transcript.
In addition to full remote control for Samsung Android devices, Bomgar also offers a selection of remote support features for non-Samsung Android phones and tablets, including chat, file transfer, and viewing system information. And Bomgar also allows you to provide support from any Android device with our Android mobile rep console.
For more information, please visit bomgar.com/android or download the Bomgar support client for Samsung app, available now on Google Play.
- What's New in Bomgar 14.2
- What's New in Bomgar 14.1
- What's New in Bomgar 13.1
- Remote Control Samsung Android Phones and Tablets
- What's New in Bomgar 12.2 and 12.3
- SSL Certificate Management, Base 3.3.2 and Later
- SSL Certificate Request and Setup, Base 3.3.2 and Later
- Self-Signed Certificates, Base 3.3.2 and Later
- What's New in Bomgar 12.1
- Bomgar's Integration with ServiceNow
- Bomgar Intel vPro Support
- Bomgar Mobile Representative Consoles for Android and iPhone
- Bomgar iOS Customer Client – iPhone & iPad Support
- What's New in Bomgar 11.1
- Embassy Authentication
- Manage and Deploy Jump Clients
- Control Unattended Computers with Jump Clients
- Representative Console Custom Link
- System Info Logging
- Bomgar Android Customer Client
- Bomgar iPad Representative Console
- Integrating Bomgar with HP Service Manager
- Integrating Bomgar with BMC Remedy
- Advanced Reporting
- Dashboard Management
- Appliance NIC Management
- SSL Certificate Management Prior to Base 3.3.2
- SSL Certificate Request and Setup Prior to Base 3.3.2
- Self-Signed Certificates – Basic Configuration Prior to Base 3.3.2
- Self-Signed Certificates – Advanced Configuration Prior to Base 3.3.2
- Optimize Appliance Failover
- Jumpoint Configuration for Unattended Access
- Manage and Deploy Jump Clients – Bomgar 10.6
- Control Unattended Computers with Jump Clients – Bomgar 10.6
- iPhone and iPad Remote Support