Settings and Options for Bomgar Buttons for BlackBerry®
If your service desk has a specific queue or team for handling BlackBerry® support, you may wish to create a new Bomgar Button profile for BlackBerry® Smartphones. To add multiple Bomgar Button profiles you must have Enterprise licensing (prior to 14.2).
To create a Bomgar Button for BlackBerry® deployment, log into the Bomgar administrative interface, and then navigate to Configuration > Bomgar Button.
Under Bomgar Button Profiles, you may add a new Bomgar Button profile. A default Bomgar Button is provided should you choose not to create a customized Bomgar Button.
Note: Adding a new Bomgar Button profile allows you to customize various elements of the icon, including:
- The image used for the Bomgar Button
- The title and short title customers see
- The session initiation options available to customers [e.g., session key only or access to the support queue associated with the Bomgar Button]
Once Bomgar Button profiles have been created, administrators can enable support representatives to use them. To do so, navigate to Users & Security > Users and select the particular user you wish to edit. Then scroll down and check some combination of the following checkboxes:
- Allowed to deploy and manage Bomgar Buttons in personal queue
- Allowed to deploy Team Bomgar Buttons
- Allowed to manage Team Bomgar Buttons
Alternatively, you can navigate to Users & Security > Group Policies and make the same changes for a group of support representatives.