How to Set a Default Software Policy on BES
- Open your BES administration utility.
- Select the BlackBerry Domain.
- Click on the Software Configuration tab.
- Add or Edit a configuration.
- If adding a configuration, select the software location (you can select the Research In Motion folder where applications typically go).
- Click Policies in the Device Software Configuration window.
- Click New.
- Set Event Injection from Prohibit to Allow.
- Save the new policy.
- In the Device Software Configuration window, select the pull-down on the far right of Application Software (the very top row).
- Select the new policy and click OK.
- Be sure to apply this configuration to either specific users or to groups in your BlackBerry® Domain.
Note: By applying the policy at the Application Software level and not on a specific application, you are setting a default policy. Settings for specific applications override any settings in the default policy.
The following 5.x policies must be set to Allowed to enable Bomgar support:
- Event Injection
- Screen, microphone, and video capturing
Here is how to set the unlisted application control policies on BES version 5.x:
- In the BlackBerry® Administration Service, on the BlackBerry solution management menu, expand Software.
- Click Manage application control policies for unlisted applications.
- Click the Standard Unlisted Optional application control policy.
- Click Edit application control policy.
- On the Access settings tab, in the Settings section, configure the settings for the application control policy.
- Click Save all.