Transfer the Bomgar - ServiceNow Integration Update Sets
The steps below are typically used after the integration has been imported and configured in a test/development instance of ServiceNow and is being transferred to a production instance. However, they are also applicable to transferring the integration between any ServiceNow instances.
- Follow the steps in the ServiceNow documentation to transfer the Bomgar - ServiceNow Integration update set(s) into the destination instance of ServiceNow.
Note: This is typically done by retrieving the update sets from the destination instance or by exporting the update sets from the original instance as XML files. See "Transferring Update Sets" in the ServiceNow product documentation for details: https://wiki.servicenow.com/index.php?title=Transferring_Update_Sets.
- Follow the same steps to transfer the Bomgar - ServiceNow Integration Configuration update set.
- In the Bomgar interface, go to /login > Management > Outbound Events, copy the URL of the event for the original ServiceNow instance, and click Add New HTTP Recipient.
- In the URL field, paste and replace the name of the original ServiceNow instance with that of the new one such that /bomgar_post.do is preserved at the end. The result should be similar to https://prod.example.com/bomgar_post.do as opposed to https://dev.example.com/bomgar_post.do.
- Check the box Support Session End in the Events to Send section, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click Add Recipient.
- Locate the outbound event created during testing and click Edit. Check the Disabled checkbox and save.
- Go to /login > Configuration > Options and scroll down to Representative Console :: Custom Link. Update the URL to direct to the destination instance of ServiceNow. Be careful to preserve /nav_to.do?uri=task.do?sys_id=%EXTERNAL_KEY% at the end.
- Test the integration setup in its new location following the same steps used to test the original instance. See Test the Setup of the Bomgar and ServiceNow Integration.