Requirements for the Bomgar Integration with ServiceNow
Outlined below are requirements for the basic and enterprise versions of the Bomgar and ServiceNow integration. If any of the integration requirements are not yet met, they will need to be in place prior to starting the integration setup process unless the associated features of the integration are not required.
Basic Integration Requirements
- ServiceNow instance with:
- Version Aspen or later
- A working Service Desk application
- A working email configuration
- Bomgar Appliance (physical or virtual) with:
- Version 13.1 or later
- At least one usable representative console which can generate session keys
- A working Bomgar public site through which users can connect to representatives
- Network firewall rules to allow:
- TCP 443 traffic from the Bomgar Appliance to reach the appropriate ServiceNow instance
- TCP 443 traffic from the appropriate ServiceNow instance to reach the Bomgar Appliance
Additional Enterprise Integration Requirements
- A working ServiceNow configuration management database (CMDB)
- One or more ServiceNow Configuration Items on which Bomgar Jump Client services can be or have been installed
- A working ServiceNow Employee Self Service (ESS) application and portal
It is important to test all requirements of the integration prior to beginning setup. Most of these can be tested by the Bomgar and ServiceNow administrators within their respective systems, but to test the network firewall, the Bomgar admin should take the following steps to confirm that the necessary rules are in place.
- Log into a machine either external to the Bomgar Appliance's network or in the same VPN as the ServiceNow instance, depending on how ServiceNow is connecting to the appliance's network.
- Log into the Bomgar Appliance's /appliance interface.
- Browse to Support > Utilities :: TCP Connection Test.
- Enter the hostname of the ServiceNow instance, enter the port number of 443, and click Test. The result should be a Connected status message.