Configure Bomgar for the ServiceNow Integration
All of the steps in this section take place in the Bomgar /login administrative interface. Access your Bomgar interface by going to the hostname of your Bomgar Appliance followed by /login (e.g., https://support.example.com/login).
- Verify that the API is enabled.
- If running Bomgar 14.2 or later, go to /login > Management > API Configuration and verify that Enable XML API is checked.
- If running a version of Bomgar prior to 14.2, go to /login > Management > Security and verify that Enable XML API is checked.
- Create a ServiceNow API user account.
Go to /login > Users & Security > Users.Click Create New User and name it ServiceNow or something similar.
- Set Support Session Reporting Permissions to Allowed to View Reports and View All Sessions.
- Check Allowed to view support session recordings.
- Check Allowed to use reporting API and Allowed to use command API.
- Check Allowed to provide remote support.
- Scroll to the bottom and save the account.
- Click Edit on the new account.
- Set Password Expires On to Never Expires. Save again.
- Add outbound events.
- Go to /login > Management > Outbound Events.
- Click Add New HTTP Recipient and name it ServiceNow - Dev or something similar, depending on your ServiceNow instance.
- Set the URL to
support.example.comis the ServiceNow instance name.
- Scroll to Events to Send and check Support Session End and Customer Exit Survey is Completed.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Add Recipient.
- Set the custom link.
- Browse to Rep Console > Custom Links.
- Under Rep Console :: Custom Links, click Create New Custom Link. Enter a name for the link, then set the URL to
support.example.comis the ServiceNow instance name. If needed, you can use any of the available macros to customize the link according to your specifications.
- Click Add Custom Link to save the new link