Ticket Event Emails
KACE can be configured to automatically send Bomgar session links to end-users when tickets are opened and closed from a KACE Service Desk. The links in these emails quickly allow the end user to start a Bomgar support session with the service desk by downloading and running a Bomgar client.
- Login to the Dell KACE K1000 Management Center, navigate to the Service Desk > Configuration and select the appropriate queue.
- Scroll down to Email on Events and click [Customize Emails].
- For Email Ticket Creation Acknowledgement and Ticket Closed Notification append this:
To start a remote support session with a Service Desk representative, click here:
Note: The parameters customer_name and external_key have been deprecated as of 14.2 and have been replaced with the parameters above. Also, the file extension .ns has been deprecated from the start_session API call. However, these deprecated methods are still available for backward compatibility.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save.
- Test by following these steps:
- Log into the Bomgar Rep Console.
- Browse to the Service Desk in the KACE Management Center and create or open a test ticket.
- Make note of the Submitter email address, change the Status to New or Closed, as appropriate, and click Save.
With the steps above completed, KACE will automatically send a session link to start a Bomgar session for the associated ticket in all open and close notification emails for each ticket in the queue.