Send KACE Service Desk Ticket Event Emails
This section explains how to configure a Dell KACE K1000 appliance to automatically send Bomgar session links to end-users when tickets are opened or closed in the K1000 Service Desk. The links in these emails allow the end user to start a Bomgar support session with the service desk by downloading and running a Bomgar client.
Login to the Dell KACE K1000 /admin interface, browse to Service Desk > Configuration > Queues, and select the queue which will be using Bomgar.
Note: Make note of the Email Address and Alternate Email Address on the resulting page. One or both of these will be used for testing later.
Scroll down to the Email on Events section and click the [Customize Emails] link.
Note: Make sure the Ticket Closed and/or New Ticket Via Email boxes are checked.
Append the following to the contents of Ticket Created from Email and Ticket Closed:
To start a remote support session with a Service Desk representative, click here:
Replace bomgar.example.com with the hostname of your Bomgar Appliance.
Note: Free-license, kace.bomgar.com customers should use the System Ticket URL found in the Dell KACE Config page of the Bomgar Self Service Center.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save.
- Install a Bomgar Rep Console, if necessary, and log into it.
- Send an email to the Service Desk queue's email address and/or alternate email address.
- Wait for the K1000 to reply with the Ticket Create from Email response template.
- Click on the click here link and confirm a new Bomgar session runs successfully.
- Log into the K1000 /admin interface, browse to the test ticket, and change the value of the Status dropdown to Closed.
- Wait for the K1000 to send the Ticket Closed template email and use the link to confirm a Bomgar session starts successfully.