Jump Client Script
The Jump Client script will allow KACE administrators to automatically deploy Bomgar Jump Clients to any or all KACE-managed systems which do not yet have a Jump Client installed.
- Login to the Bomgar Appliance's /login administrative web interface and create a team for KACE-deployed Jump Clients.
- Browse to Configuration > Support Teams and click Add New Team.
- Enter Dell KACE Jump Clients for Team Name, enter Jump Clients deployed via Dell KACE script. for the Comments and add Team Members as appropriate.
Note: Keep in mind that the members of this team will automatically have access to all systems on which KACE installs Jump Clients using the automated install script currently being configured.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Add Team.
- Create a Bomgar mass deployment installer for Jump Clients.
- Browse to Configuration > Jump Clients > Jump Client Mass Deployment Wizard.
- Configure Pin This Client To for the Dell KACE Jump Clients team as well as for the other parameters as appropriate to the environment.
Note: See Jump Clients in the Admin Guide for details.
- Click Deploy, select Windows (x86) MSI and make a note of the KEY_INFO string for use later.
- Click Download/Install and make note of the download location.
- Login to the Dell KACE Management Center, browse to Home > Label > Smart Labels > Choose Action and select Add New Machine Smart Label.
- Set the following criteria:
- Software Titles
- does not contain
- Bomgar Jump Client [bomgar.example.com]
Note: Replace bomgar.example.com with the Bomgar site name, enclosed in brackets as shown.
- Name the label No Jump Client and click Create Smart Label.
- Browse to Scripting > Choose Action and select Add New Item.
- Configure the following:
- Under Configuration, name the script Bomgar - Install Jump Client.
- Under Deployment, Limit Deployment To Selected Labels, edit the No Jump Client label.
- Under Supported Operating Systems, uncheck Pick Specific OS Versions and highlight Microsoft Windows.
- Under Scheduling, set a schedule for the script to run, if desired.
Note: If setting a schedule, check Allow to Run While Logged Off.
- Under Policy or Job Rules, click Add Task Section... and configure the following:
- Under On Success, click Add and select Launch a Program...
- Enter C:\Windows\System32 and msiexec.exe for Directory and File, respectively.
- Enter /qn /i "$(KACE_DEPENDENCY_DIR)\bomgar-scc-win32.msi KEY_INFO=[key info string]" for Paramenters, replacing [key info string] with the key info string noted earlier.
- Click Save Changes.
With the above script configured, KACE can be used to automatically deploy Bomgar Jump Clients to all managed systems in KACE which do not already have a Jump Client installed.