Dell KACE On-Premises Integration Guide
This document provides the configuration items and necessary steps to integrate Bomgar with the service desk, inventory, and scripting capabilities of the Dell KACE K1000 Management Appliance. Bomgar enables five key features in this integration:
- Support technicians sending a remote support session key to end users from a KACE Service Desk Ticket by email or phone.
- End users starting a chat or remote support session by clicking a link in an email confirmation from the KACE system.
- Support technicians starting a remote support session using either a KACE Inventory Machine Action or a KACE Script.
- Auto-updating of the appropriate KACE ticket with the session details/transcript of any associated Bomgar remote support sessions.
- Support technicians opening a KACE ticket for an associated Bomgar remote support session using an integrated hyperlink.
Note: Demonstrations and additional details are available in our Dell KACE integration videos on YouTube.
Integration Features Summary
- Ticket owners can start a Bomgar session from their Dell KACE tickets. To do this, open the ticket in Dell KACE and then either check the Email Bomgar Invite checkbox and save the ticket or click the Get Bomgar Key link. The Checkbox will send an email to the submitter of the ticket with a link to download a Bomgar customer client. The Link will launch a script to automatically generate a Bomgar session key in the Rep Console on the local system. Either one of these will generate a new session in the ticket owner's personal Bomgar session queue.
Note: For details about KACE tickets, see Managing Service Desk Tickets, Processes, and Reports in the K1000 Service Desk Administrator Guide.
- Ticket submitters can use a Bomgar session link in KACE’s ticket event emails to start Bomgar sessions with KACE ticket owners using the Bomgar customer client.
Note: For details about ticket event emails, see Configuring email triggers and email templates in the K1000 Service Desk Administrator Guide.
- If a Bomgar session is ended which has the External Key of a KACE ticket, Bomgar will automatically update the appropriate ticket with session details. These details include a full chat transcript, a session recording link, and system information, among other items. The External Key is automatically populated for sessions started from a Dell KACE ticket, but it can also be manually edited from within the Bomgar session using the Edit External Key button.
- Bomgar Sessions will include a Custom Link above the chat window to facilitate KACE ticket management. If a KACE ticket has been keyed to the Bomgar session, the Custom Link will open the KACE ticket in the default browser. If there is no KACE ticket keyed to the session, the browser will automatically load the KACE interface for creating a new ticket. The new ticket's number can then be added to the Bomgar session for the session details to automatically load in KACE after the Bomgar session ends.
Scripting and Inventory Features
- Dell KACE will include a Start Bomgar Session script for KACE’s Run Now function. This script can be run on any target which is managed by Dell KACE and will automatically connect back to the Bomgar Rep Console using either the General Queue or a configurable KACE queue, as preferred.
Note: For details about KACE’s Run Now function, see Using the Run Now function in the K1000 Administrator Guide.
- Dell KACE will also include a Bomgar Jump Client Mass Deployment script for KACE’s Run Now function. This script can be run on any Windows target managed by KACE to automatically and silently install a Jump Client on the target. The script will automatically filter out all machines which already have Jump Clients installed to avoid creating duplicates. This is especially useful for the Jump Client Machine Action described above.
- To start a Bomgar session from the Dell KACE Inventory, select either the Bomgar Jump Client or Bomgar Local Push Machine Action for the target. The Bomgar Jump Client action will start a session from the local machine's Rep Console to the target using a Jump Client. This client must be pre-installed on the target (see the Jump Client install script feature). The Bomgar Local Push option will use the Local Network Jump in the Rep Console to start a Bomgar session with the target system. This does not require a pre-installed client.
Note: For details about KACE’s Inventory feature, see Managing Computer Inventory in the K1000 Administrator Guide.