Create the LDAP Group Security Provider
- Go to /login > Users & Security > Security Providers.
- Click the Configure New Provider button.
- Enter a name to uniquely identify this security provider configuration. When multiple security providers are configured, this name is used to distinguish this provider from others. It may also be necessary for authentication of a connection agent.
- To look up group membership within an existing LDAP server, select LDAP as the server type and Groups as the service type. Selecting Groups indicates that users' group memberships can be looked up on this security provider.
- To aid in configuring the network connection between your Bomgar Appliance and your security provider, you can select a server-specific configuration. These configuration templates pre-populate the configuration fields on the next web page with standard data but must be modified to match your security provider's specific configuration. Active Directory LDAP is the most common server type, though you can configure Bomgar to communicate with most types of security providers.
- Click Add Provider to move on to the next page. You should now be ready to configure the connection between your Bomgar Appliance and your security provider.