Create the Security Provider Cluster
- Go to /login > Users & Security > Security Providers.
- Click the Configure New Provider button.
- Enter a name to uniquely identify this cluster. When multiple security providers are configured, this name is used to distinguish this cluster from other configurations.
- To cluster two or more security providers for failover or load balancing, select Cluster as the server type and Users or Groups as the service type.
- From the Server Specific Configuration dropdown, select the operation mode for this cluster.
Failover first attempts the server with the highest priority in the cluster and then, if the server is unavailable or the account is not found, moves down through the list of clustered servers until either the account is found or it is determined that the account does not exist on any of the specified and available servers.
Random Selection is designed to balance the load between multiple servers, choosing at random which server to attempt first and then, if the server is unavailable or the account is not found, moving at random through the remaining servers in the cluster until either the account is found or it is determined that the account does not exist on any of the specified and available servers.
- Click Add Provider to move on to the next page. You should now be ready to add servers to your cluster.